Audi Gets Bang & Olufson 3D Sound System
Audi came to CES 2013 to announce its new partnership with Bang & Olufsen and Fraunhofer IIS to create an exclusie 3D audio solution for in-car systems. the first example of their efforts is showcased in an Audi Q7 Sound Concept vehicle on display at the Consumer Electronics Show.
Audi currently offers Bang & Olufsen audio systems as an option for a wide range of their cars, but with this new project they want to arrive at an unheard listening experience.
Utilizing the expertise of the Audi and Bang & Olufsen acoustic engineers with the 3D sound know-how of the Fraunhofer team, they will turn every tune into a highly realistic three-dimensional sound impression. As with everything in Audi cars these days, the user will have full control of the system and can adjust it to his or her desired specs using Audi’s multimedia interface.
Audi 3D System Specs:
The concept car has 23 active loudspeakers and more than 1500 watts of amplification power, driven by a new 23 channel DSP Most amplifier. The loudspeakers have been specially selected to complement the architecture inside the car and create the unique sense of listening to music inside a concert auditorium.
- Two loudspeakers in the dashboard center (tweeter and broadband)
- Two tweeters in the dashboard (left/right) with acoustic lens technology
- One mid-high loudspeaker in each A pillar
- One tweeter in each A pillar
- Two loudspeakers in each front door with a woofer and a midrange
- Three loudspeakers in each rear door with a woofer, midrange and a tweeter
- Two surround loudspeakers in each D pillar, consisting of a tweeter and broadband
- One closed subwoofer box in the spare wheel compartment