Chris Harris Gets to Grips with Porsche 918 SpyderThursday, December 19, 2013 8:07 by Arman Barari
So after three and a half years of development the Porsche 918 Spyder is finally ready to come out of its shell and put up a fight against the other contenders in the newly born hybrid hyper car class. We have all studied the spec sheets and seen prototypes in action. But what’s the finished product like? That’s what Chris Harris hopes to find out in this video.
Chris is at Valencia circuit, and yes, there is some sideways action as well regardless of the fact that the 918 costs $845,000 dry:
2015 Porsche 918 Spyder technical specs:
- Body: Two-seater Spyder; carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRP) monocoque interlocked with CFRP unit carrier; two-piece Targa roof; fixed roll-over protection system.
- Drivetrain: Parallel full hybrid; 4.6-litre V8 mid-engine with drysump lubrication; hybrid module with electric motor and decoupler; electric motor with decoupler and gear unit on front axle; electrical system recuperation; four cooling circuits for motors, transmission and battery; thermal management.
- Engine Power
- V8 engine: >570 hp
- Hybrid module on rear axle: ~90 kW
- Electric motor on front axle: ~80 kW
- Combined: >770 hp
- Suspension: Double-wishbone front axle; optional electro-pneumatic lift system on front axle; electro-mechanical power steering; multi-link rear axle with adaptive electromechanical system for individual rear wheel steering
- Brake system: High-performance hybrid brake system with adaptive recuperation; ceramic brake discs (PCCB).
- Energy supply: Lithium-ion battery with 6.8 kWh capacity (BOL nominal), 202 kW maximum power and mainscompatible plug-in charger.
- Top speed: >325 km/h
- Purely electric top speed: >150 km/h
- 0-100 km/h: under 3.0 s
- Fuel Consumption (NEDC): ~3.0 l/100 km
- CO2 emissions: ~70 g/km
- Purely electric range: >25 km