For the 14th time in the history of the sport a Chevrolet Corvette earns the honor of pacing the prestigious Indianapolis 500. This time it’s a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport tapped to to do the honors, and it’s been given a cool new dress for the job.
The Corvette Grand Sport is more than qualified for the job at hand, and not just because of its pedigree or col looks. The sports car is a racing machine in disguise, what with a 460 horsepower V8 that enables it to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds, cover the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds and achieve 1.2 g cornering capability.
Follow our channel for new car videos everyday: Subscribe
2017 Corvette Grand Sport Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Highlights:
- 460-hp (343 kW) LT1 direct-injected V-8 engine with dry-sump oiling and active exhaust
- Eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission
- Equipped with the available carbon-fiber ground effects package
- Specific Grand Sport wheel design: 19 x 10-inch (front) and 20 x 12-inch (rear)
- Standard magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs
- Standard electronic limited-slip differential
- Includes the available Z07 package, with carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and 285/30ZR19 (front) and 335/25ZR20 (rear) high-performance tires
- Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake system with 15.5-inch (394 mm) rotors with six-piston calipers in front and 15.3-inch (380 mm) rotors with four-piston calipers in rear
- Unique Indy 500 graphics package.