Our friends over in Qatar are quite excited because from 26 to 29 January 2011 they’re going to have their first ever international motor show. Motor shows in the Middle East used to be just a big marketplace, but that is so yesterday! Qatar Motor Show promises a great professional automotive event featuring international automobile manufacturers and more than 25 international brands.
Of course this region being amongst the wealthiest places in the world, you also get your fair dosage of hyper cars and special edition coachbuilt models. Here in this passage we try to look at what you can expect at the show. Organizers are confident that this will be one of the most popular events on the 2011 exhibition calendar as motoring enthusiasts, adventurists, industry representatives and fun-seeking families from around the region visit what is set to be a high-energy, exciting showcase of the latest in the automotive industry.
he Qatar Motor Show, organised by Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) in partnership with q.media Events and GL events, and under the patronage of HE Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al Thani, Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, will bring together some of the most notable international carmakers showing their latest models. Exhibitors will include many sports, luxury and economy car dealers as well as different car accessory organizations showing the latest in auto and performance trends.
“We are very pleased with the overwhelming interest the Qatar Motor Show is receiving from top automobile manufacturers and dealers within Qatar and abroad,” commented an official from the organizing committee. “With such distinguished exhibitors, we are confident that Qatar’s first international motor exhibition will position the country as a strategic destination for the regional car market. Qatar is already an important international market for sports and luxury vehicles, and we believe the Qatar Motor Show will become one of the world’s key automotive events,” he added.
The prestigious four-day show is the first of its kind in Qatar, and will be held at the Doha Exhibitions Center. Participating auto dealers and manufacturers will include Abdallah Abdulghani & Bros showing the latest Toyota and Lexus models; Al Fardan Automobiles exhibiting BMW and Land Rover vehicles , Range Rover , Jaguar Mazerati ; Al Mana exhibiting Chrysler, Ford and Peugeot; Domasco showing Volvo and Honda, Proton and CMC models; Chinese car manufacturer Dreemah Automobile with ZX Auto; Horizon Automobiles with Aston Martin and Lotus sports cars; Ibn Ajayan exhibiting the latest Skoda models; Jaidah Automotive with Chevrolet and Isuzu brands; Mannai Trading showcasing GMC, Subaru and Buick brands; Nasser Bin Khaled showcasing Mercedes automobiles, Saad Buzwair Automotive displaying the latest VW and Audi vehicles; Saleh Hamad Al Manna with Nissan and Infinity; United Cars Al Manna with Jeep; and VW Group showcasing Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini makes as well as Porsche. “We are excited to be able to showcase our exclusive range of premium sports cars in Doha, home of our trusted partners,” says Matthias Müller, President and CEO of Porsche.
Other international brands showcased in the 1st Qatar Motor Show include: Toyota, Lexus, Chrysler, Ford, Peugeot, Volvo, Honda, Skoda, GMC, Subaru, Buick, Audi, Nissan, Infinity, Jeep, Bentley and Lamborghini. The show’s exhibitors, from Qatar and abroad, include: Abdallah Abdulghani & Bros. Co. WLL, Al Mana Motor Company, Al Muftah, Al Nahdi Group, Alam Assayarat, Auto Car Middle East, Car Middle East, Car Seat, Car Xpress, Darwish Trading, Domasco, Dreemah Automobile Co., Gulf Knight, Ibn Ajayan, International Tyre Center, Intersection, Llumar Ibn Sultan Group, Mannai Trading Co. WLL, Nasser Bin Khaled, NBK, Nippon Motor Design Technologies JLT, Saad Buzwair Automotive, Saleh Hamad Al Manna Co., Saudi Auto, Overdrive and Auto Deal, Shell Qatar, Seef/Liqi Moly, Titanium, Top Gear Arabia UAE, United Cars Al Mana, and V.Cool, in addition to those exhibitors listed above.
There are many exciting reasons why residents and regional visitors don’t want to miss the Qatar Motor Show. Let the list below offer some inspiration:
1. A Truly International Motor Show – The Qatar Motor Show promises to showcase the latest models from car manufacturers in luxury and sports utility vehicles, as well as the latest in technology and services in the automotive industry. Responses from car manufacturers and car dealers have been overwhelmingly positive for this inaugural show, with the exhibition space already at 100% occupancy for the 4-day event. All major brands are represented including such names as VW, Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Bentley, Skoda, Toyota, BMW, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Lotus, Mercedes, Audi, Nissan, Peugeot, Chevrolet, GMC, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and many more. At the Qatar Motor Show, visitors can expect to see world premiere appearances, regional premier appearances and debut cars unveiled.
2. Italian Concept Cars Take Center Stage – When one thinks about ‘Italian-designed automobiles’, one visualizes elegant lines and sleek designs – a magical union of beauty and technology. Italian car designers are known to design creations that stimulate the senses and trigger emotions. The Qatar Motor Show will host an area at the exhibition dedicated to concept cars, super cars and prototypes created by eight key names in Italian car design. Visitors to the Qatar Motor Show will get a true feel for the ‘perfect’ car that balances functionality with aesthetics designed by several prestigious names in the fields of Made in Italy automotive design and special bodywork manufacturers.
3. Feel the thrill – The outdoor area surrounding the Doha Exhibition Center will be transformed to reveal multiple circuits that will host dynamic and interactive automotive activities sponsored by Red Bull including drifting, and freestyle motocross activities. Lucky visitors will be able to share a unique outdoor drifting experience with a ride with well-known rally drivers around a specially designed track with roundabouts, corners and straight-aways
4. Watch and learn from the best – Unlike traditional motocross, freestyle motocross places less emphasis on high speeds and more on the abilities of daredevil riders who perform thrilling and death-defying stunts high in the air. Sponsored by Red Bull, four of FMX’ most well-known riders will participate in a choreographed routine that will consist of high-flying, action packed FMX jumping along with crowd interaction, photographs and autographs for a truly memorable experience.
5. Try it on – Many of the exhibitors at the Qatar Motor Show will offer test driving experiences on the outdoor circuits of the exhibition center, presenting visitors a rare opportunity to get behind the wheel of some of the finest vehicles in the world.
6. A chance to win prizes – There will be numerous chances to win prizes – big and small. But you have to attend the Qatar Motor Show to be eligible to win!
7. 1st Middle East Automotive Summit – While today one’s choice of automotive vehicle largely defines a person’s individuality, times are changing where new requirements and modes of mobility are emerging thus setting the stage for transportation of the future to be more about efficiency and sustainability, which will affect buyer behavior. With a focus on discussions around the future of the automobile, the 1st Middle East Automotive Summit will bring together industry leaders, motor personalities and stakeholders from key global interest groups to engage in dialogue and debate about the global vision for mobility.
8. Experience Qatar’s passion for sports – Qatar has always had passion for sports – from the traditional Arabian sports still cherished today of camel racing, horse racing, equestrian events and falconry, Qatar has never stopped aiming high with its vision to promote sports in the country. Qatar has recently emerged on the global stage as hosting country for many international championships in various sports including football, tennis, athletics, golf and motoring, becoming a hub for sports tourism in the region. In early December, the tiny nation became electrified with the FIFA decision to be the host of the 2022 World Cup – another significant event in a lineup of sports championships taking place in Qatar. January 2011 will also see Qatar play host to the month-long Asian Cup, as well as the Qatar ExxonMobil Open championship and the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
9. A country deep in rich cultural traditions – As the hub of cultural tourism in the Middle East, Qatar keeps its traditions alive by interconnecting them with the modern world and other cultures. Visitors to Qatar will be impressed by country’s splendid desert landscape, seascape, traditions, lifestyle and forward thinking which make up the fabric of Qatar as a cultural destination. The iconic Museum of Islamic Art houses a magnificent collection of artwork representing some of the finest Islamic Art from over 1400 years of history. MATHAF (Museum of Modern Arabic Art) will soon join the Museum of Islamic Art as a world-renowned cultural center with amazing collections of art and history housed within its walls. The National Museum of Qatar, scheduled to open in the near future, will showcase the culture, heritage and future of Qatar and its people. The recently opened Cultural Village is another cultural attraction offering families, residents and visitors a destination to relax, and experience Qatari as well as international cultures.
10. Impeccable accommodation – With over 9000 hotel rooms currently in its repertoire, Qatar offers a wide range of accommodation for visitors coming to the country for the first time, as well as returning guests. Many of the world’s top luxury hotels are represented in Qatar. The hotels’ luxurious spas, resort amenities and variety of exceptional dining experiences and lounges, offer a quiet and relaxing respite from the charged activities of the day.