Ward’s Automotive Group ( Wardsauto not us Motorward )! announces its 2009 10 Best Engines list, which reflects the diversity of powertrains that will play a role in reshaping America’s automotive landscape. OK, but reviewing the list, I can mention 100 engines better than what they’ve come up with!
And since there is no AMG powered engine in the list it’s officially rubbish!
The winners for 2008 (engine and tested vehicle):
- Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
- BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
- BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
- Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
- Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
- General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
- Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
- Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
- Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)