Without a doubt, an automobile insurance can create a very huge hole in your pocket. The premiums you will pay will be determined by the make of your car, your credit score, and the company, agent, agency, or broker that you are dealing with.
To be able to save on auto insurance, you MUST do the following:
- Ensure you maintain a clean driving record.
- Never take the first quote estimate that you get from the insurer. Check and compare the quotes of different insurance companies by checking online or phoning the companies in person. You can get their addresses and contact info on http://www.consumeraction.gov/insurance.shtml. Before settling for one, ensure you get different quotes from different companies and compare and contrast. Still on point, talk to providers who have been highly recommended by friends or relatives, and don’t forget to check the financial stability of an insurance provider.
- You can opt for a higher deductible which will reduce the burden by 15-25%. However, make sure that your finances allow you to set aside $200-$1000 sporadically to create the emergency car fund.
- Do your market research thoroughly before buying a particular make of a car and create a comparative table of all costs. Find out the features that will increase the premiums and ones which will reduce it. For instance, if a particular make has spare parts that are rare to find or the parts are expensive, you will get a high premium. On the other hand, if you install security devices such as car alarms and immobilizers, you will get lower premiums.
- Think of taking car insurance from the same company that covers your home or other property like the one from bear river insurance. A lot of companies will offer a multi-policy discount to such clients.
- Establish whether the insurance premiums are determined by your residential location. You’re highly likely to get low premiums if you live on the suburbs or rural community than if you live on urban areas.
- Majority of insurance policies will be based on your credit record. As such, with a good credit history you may get very low premium costs. Pay your bills on time, avoid having too many loans, and ensure your credit balance remains as low as possible.
- Avoid having more than one medical coverage – getting rid of medical cover can reduce not only the premium but also the personal injury protection costs. You may get up to 40% reduction. Thus, if you already have an ample health insurance, you could look at the pros and cons of getting rid of auto insurance.
- Make use of discounts such as low mileage, low risk career, car pooling, no accidents or violations, taking public transport to work, taking advanced driving courses, having a kid who studies far away from home, and following all safety rules and regulations always.
- Make use of offers extended to those who insure more than one car that belongs to a family. Majority of insurance companies have offers for club members, corporate organizations, clubs, alumni groups, and professional groups.
Create time to make a huge saving on auto insurance. Check through all factors and mark through the areas you feel a saving can be made. As it is, the market is quite competitive and you the consumer can end up the beneficiary.