It doesn’t matter whether your car is an old classic or a brand new model. Regular dyno tuning is vital to guarantee its proper performance. You can entrust your vehicle to highly qualified mechanics at cooksport.co.uk. The mechanical experts will check the overall health of your car and recommend the most suitable modification procedure.
Some vehicles display signs that show they need a tune up. However, that is not the case all the time. Others may show no symptoms until they break down. Therefore, it is advisable to carry out regular car tuning to ensure it runs smoothly every time.
Keep reading to know more about the warning signs for a tune up. Let’s shortly understand what the term car tuning means.
What is car tuning?
Car tuning refers to the vehicle modification to ensure that it meets a particular set of performance that differs from the original one. Its main goal is to improve the overall performance of your car to meet the user’s needs.
The areas that require modification include:
- Audio. For example, replace the subwoofers, amplifiers, and speakers with quality ones.
- Interior of the car. For race cars, you can remove some interior parts like air conditioning and sound system to reduce car weight.
- Engine tuning.
- Suspension tuning. Involves changing springs, anti-roll bars, and shock absorbers.
- Body tuning. You can decide to change the aesthetics of the vehicle and also boost its performance. The mechanic can replace some of the body parts.
- Detuning. It is to return the changed vehicle to its original state.
Signs Your Car Needs a Tune Up
- Trouble starting the car. If you face a tough time starting your car, it might have some issues that a mechanic needs to fix. The fuel pump or battery may be weak. There might be another problem as well. Therefore, it is best to let a qualified mechanic examine the vehicle and advice accordingly.
- Unusual sounds. Most drivers hear their cars making strange noises but cannot understand the cause and ignore it. Later they result in a bigger problem. Take your vehicle to an expert immediately you notice something uncommon.
- Your car is stalling. Stalling is a situation where your engine stops working unexpectedly. Professionals can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem and return your vehicle in shape. Some causes of stalling may be;
- Ignition issues
- Dead battery
- Faulty fuel pump
- The clutch that is improperly released
- Bad fuel mileage. How many mileages can you cover with a tank of fuel? Is the fuel consumption consistent? If not, and you also notice that your car consumes a lot of oil within a short distance, that’s a call sign to see the mechanic.
- Misfiring engine. Engine misfiring is an issue that requires urgent attention. It happens when the engine cylinders are not giving power to your vehicle. You may notice your car shaking and even reach a point that it cannot move. Visit a mechanic immediately for a tune up.
Car tuning is vital in ensuring the smooth performance of your vehicle. Do it regularly to avoid further damage and breakdown. The signs above can help you notice if there is any problem with the functioning of your car. Make sure you hire qualified mechanics to handle your car for excellent results.