At this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show Volvo will be showing a new version of its popular C30. The car has received a nice facelift, and comes with some options which at least Volvo thinks are cool! For example you have the option to choose five different colours on the lower trim or the exhaust tailpipe which is visible in T5 and D5 models!!
The new optional sport chassis for the Volvo C30 is considerably sharper, with stiffer, more distinct properties than previously. The steering is more precise owing to the installation of stiffer bushings. The steering ratio is lower, giving 10 % faster response to steering wheel input. Spring stiffness has been increased by no less than 30 % in order to increase the car’s poise in enthusiastic driving. The dampers too are stiffer and are now of the exclusive mono-tube type that builds up pressure much more quickly. The roll stabilizers are stiffer to reduce any leaning tendency when taking corners. The new sport chassis is available in all C30 versions except for 1.6D DRIVe.
The figures below are for versions with a manual gearbox running in the mixed driving cycle.
|Petrol engines||Power output||Fuel consumption||CO2|
|T5 (2.5 litres)||230 hp/320 Nm||8.7 l/100 km||203 g/km|
|2.4i||170 hp/230 Nm||8.4 l/100 km||200 g/km|
|2.0||145 hp/185 Nm||7.4 l/100 km||177 g/km|
|2.0F (Flexifuel)||145 hp/185 Nm||7.8 l/100 km||185 g/km|
|1.6||100 hp/150 Nm||7.0 l/100 km||167 g/km|
|Diesel engines||Power output||Fuel consumption||CO2|
|D5 (2.4 litres)||180 hp/400 Nm||6.2 l/100 km||164 g/km|
|2.0D||136 hp/320 Nm||5.7 l/100 km||151 g/km|
|1.6D DRIVe||109 hp/240 Nm||4.5 l/100 km||119 g/km|
|1.6D DRIVe start/stop||109 hp/240 Nm||3.9 l/100 km||104 g/km|
A few facts: the number of possible combinations, new Volvo C30
- The new Volvo C30 is available with a choice of 13 different exterior body colours and with the lower spoilers in five different colours. All told, there is a choice of 49 exterior combinations (previously 13 combinations)
- If the 11 different aluminium wheels are added, the customer now has 529 possibilities of creating a unique car
- The 27 upholstery choices (previously 15) now make 14,553 combination possibilities
- A choice of 4 decor inlays in the centre stack increases the range of combinations to 58,212
- Being able to specify the car with or without a rear spoiler doubles the number of configurations to 116,424
- The customer can specify a roof hatch – or not. The available variants have now increased to 232,848
- The C30 is available with eleven different drivelines (manual/automatic transmission included), making 2,561,328 possible combinations
- What is more, the Volvo C30 can be equipped with a choice of three different audio systems, a variety of safety and security functions, parking assistance, Bluetooth and so on to suit customer wishes
- All in all, there are so many unique variants that Volvo estimates that if every single person in Britain – about 60 million people – were to order a new Volvo C30, no two cars would have to be alike!
The new Volvo C30 also offers a range of new interior options. Among other things, there is now an all-new colour combination known as Espresso/Blond, consisting of a dark brown upper section and a blond, fresh shade on the lower door sides. The blond tone is somewhere between grey and beige and is an expression of Volvo’s strong Scandinavian design tradition. The Espresso/Blond interior permits the integration of energetic new highlight colours such as orange, green and blue in the fabrics, as well as a new colour for leather upholster, Cranberry.
Yet another new feature is the luggage compartment cover in the rear, which uses a new material and a new graphic pattern to further enhance the car’s modern image.