Giving in once more to their unhealthy obsession with power, Texan tuner Hennessey Performance has upgrade a Dodge Charger Hellcat from 707 standard horsepower to 850 horsepower. And they just released the dyno footage to prove the numbers are real.
We didn’t doubt the capabilities of the Hennessey Dodge Charger Hellcat for a second. We know enough about HPE to know these guys don’t mess around. What we are having a hard time wrapping our heads around is what the hellcat is the point of this much power in a four-door sedan? Sure, it probably shaves 0.1 of a second of the 0 to 60 time, but is it really worth the effort? Hennessey would answer F#@K Yea it is. We would probably spend that effort trying to improve the handling of the car, make it more fun.
Hennessey Dodge Charger Hellcat HPE850 Package Details:
• 852 bhp @ 6,200 rpm
• New ECU
• Upgraded tuning software
• High flow air filter element
• Lower pulley upgrade (increases boost by 1-2 psi)
• Port matched throttle body
• Ported supercharger housing
• Hennessey embroidered head rests
• Exterior Hennessey emblem
• Exterior HPE850 emblems
• Serial numbered dash plaque
• Serial numbered plaque in engine compartment
Call HPE for build time and scheduling