First things first, what we know as the Nissan 370Z is known as the Fairlady Z in Japan and today Nissan released details of a special limited edition which is here to mark the 40th anniversary of this unique sportscar. In addition to this special model, Nissan has also launched the Roadster version of the 370Z into the Japanese domestic market.
The Fairlady Z 40th Anniv. is based on the ST model of the 370 Z which can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed automatic powered by the same 3.7 liter V6 as the same of the range. Since this car is a new year model, Nissan gave it some enhancements over the 2009 version including the adoption of an HDD CARWINGS navigation system with a built-in terrestrial digital TV receiver, an advanced map update system and iPod® connection. In addition, an Intelligent Key with a Z metal emblem is offered, along with new body color variations, including a new Premium Deep Maroon color.
There are also some equipments exclusive to this limited edition:
- Real Leather/Suede-like Fabric Combination Seat specificallymade for the 40th Anniversary model & Door trim (color: red)
- Memorial engraving on the seat back. (“40th Anniversary”)
- Real leather-covered steering (with red stitches)
- Real leather-covered shift knobConsole boot (with red stitches)
- Instrument panel upper box (with red stitches)
- Kneepads in the driver and passenger seats (with red stitches)
- Special emblem (in the rear) for the 40th Anniversary model
- RAYS special aluminum forging wheels for the 40th Anniversary model (dark chrome color coating)
- Special SPORT Brake Calliper for the 40th Anniversary model. (color: red)
It also features a number of exclusive paintjobs including: Metal Gray (RM) <Special color for the 40th Anniversary model>,Premium Deep Maroon (P), Brilliant White Pearl (3P), Brade Silver (M),Diamond Black (P), Vibrant Red (C).