Mercedes Netherlands website likes to reveal the facts about upcoming models much sooner than the company’s headquarter! They were the first to unveil the new CL Class and now they’ve come up with the specifications of the new Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe.
Sadly there’s no pictures available yet, but that shouldn’t take long now that the leak saga begun. According to MB NL, the new C63 AMG Coupe gets a 336 kW – around 460 PS – V8 engine. That’s the 6.3 liter motor and not the newer 5.5 liter Biturbo. It also makes 600 Nm of torque and comes with the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT sports transmission featuring launch control system. Like most AMG cars, it does o to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds and should have a limited top speed of 250 km/h.
So in spite of the rumors, this car is not a Black Series. Maybe that’s still in the works, maybe not we don’t know yet.
They also reveal the details of the car’s exterior and interior which get a full AMG treatment. On the outside they include a body kit and wheels while inside the cabin you get the usual package of AMG trims, leather-wrapped steering and sports seats and… plus a new AMG instrument cluster that has a race timer and a start screen whatever that its!
Here’s more details regarding the car’s exterior and interior (translated):
Overview of the exterior of the C 63 AMG
* AMG front bumper
* AMG radiator grille with a chrome plate in
* AMG-specific LED daytime running lights
* Side Skirts
* Rear bumper with diffuser insert
* AMG sports exhaust with two chromed twin tailpipes
* AMG alloy wheels
* AMG logo
Overview of the interior of the C 63 AMG
* AMG door sills
* AMG sports seats
* AMG performance steering wheel in nappa leather on the top and bottom flattened, with aluminum gearshift paddles
* AMG instrument, including AMG race timer and start screen
* Upholstered in faux leather combination ARTICO / fabric or optional designo leather (one or two tone)
* Electronic rotary switch for selecting the four driving modes and the Race Start function
MB via Autoblog.nl