Detroit Motor Show reveal of 2013 Dodge Dart puts an end to its leakage.
And now we also have the officials details of this Alfa Romeo Giulietta-based saloon. Now we know for sure that it gets a new 160 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 160 horsepower 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine and a new 184 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine.
That means whatever engine you go for, you won’t be disappointed. Especially as the Dart also gets six-speed manual, six-speed automatic or six-speed dual dry clutch (DDCT) transmission, and Alfa’s DNA system.
The exterior design might be slightly controversial, but Dodge has every reason to be proud of the interior. Not only it has a cool, sporty design, the fit and finish and the quality of the materials seem to be of the highest grade. OK, so the red ambient lighting might be a bit too much, but still. Dodge offers 12 exterior colors, 14 interior color and trim combinations, seven wheel options for the Dart.
The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available in five trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T. Depending on those trims, you can have the Dart with 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) customizable gauge cluster display with light pipe surround, and the Uconnect Touch 8.4-inch touchscreen Media Center.
In terms of safety, you can count on four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes with electronic brake force distribution and traction control system on all models, and stuff like Brake Assist, Brake-lock differential, Ready Alert Braking, Rainy Brake Support, Hydraulic boost compensation, Electronic stability control (four-channel active handling system ESC), Electronic Roll Mitigation, Hill-start Assist, Trailer-sway Control, ParkView® rear backup camera and ParkSense rear park assist on the options list.
2013 Dodge Dart at a glance:
- World-class aerodynamics
- Class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust
- Class-exclusive “racetrack” LED taillamps
- Class-exclusive choice of either Hyper Black or polished wheels
- Class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect Touch Media Center with built-in radio, navigation, iPod control, climate controls, voice-activated blue tooth, SiriusXM Travel Link, weather updates and points of interest
- Class-exclusive 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster display that is easily customizable to the driver’s taste. Choices include: digital and analog gauges, navigation turn-by-turn display, eco-meter, fuel economy, audio, phone, compass and temperature read outs
- Class-exclusive floating island bezel
- Class-exclusive heated steering wheel
- Class-exclusive in-seat storage
- Available 506-watt sound system
- Keyless Enter ’n Go with push-button start
- High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control with humidity sensor
- Unsurpassed 10 standard airbags
- ParkView® rear backup camera
- Blind-spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Path Detection
- Best-in-class hip room and shoulder room
- The most diverse lineup of gasoline powertrains in the segment – three new engines and three transmissions:
- New Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates an estimated 160 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
- The technologically advanced Fiat 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo producing an estimated 160 horsepower and an impressive 184 lb.-ft. of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed DDCT transmission
- New powerful 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine that produces an estimated 184 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission