Tesla recently finished production of the Roadster for the American market with the Final Edition models. But they are offering an updated 2012 model for Europe, Asia and Australia.
In 2014 there will be an entirely new model of the Roadster. These limited-production electric roadsters feature new innovations and options, plus visual tweaks. They get a range of new colors including Cosmic Black, Galactic Gray and Magma Orange – with new, complimentary interior colors, for example.
Another great feature is the rear snow cover and improved motor and inverter systems for even better performance in snow and ice, making the car suitable for Europe.
Other features include:
- Improved air conditioning for driver comfort in the hottest months
- Xenon headlamps ideal for rural night driving
- Enhanced front windscreen seals to make the cabin even quieter
- Two new Mobile Connectors available for charging in Europe and Japan
- The Tesla IEC Type 2 (Mennekes) Mobile Connector enables charging from Type 2 stations and outlets, the most common EV charging infrastructure in Europe
- The J1772 Mobile Connector enables charging from a developing infrastructure of public J1772 charge stations in Japan