Today Volvo unveiled its new V40 Cross Country, the crossover version of the excellent V40 hatchback. It’s a great car, and all the specs and details suggest it will be more than capable to handle whatever task you throw at it, on and off the road. But there are people who will tell you that this is just a jacked-up hatchback and that it won’t work when the going gets rough.
To set those people straight Volvo released official videos of the car in action, putting an emphasize on its off-road features such as all-wheel-drive system of Hill Descent Control:
The only negative we can think of is that the AWD is only available for the top of the line T5 engine. That said, the T5 turbo is the most powerful engine in the range and naturally that is what you want. So it’s all good!
Volvo V40 Cross Country visual features:
- Wheels with the same size as the Volvo V70, including up to 19-inch rims.
- The front with dark, contrasting bumper, honeycomb mesh grille and upright DRL-lights.
- The sculpted, contrasting sills.
- The contrasting rear bumper with integrated skid plate.
Volvo V40 Cross Country convenience features:
- Height adjustable headrests on the front seats and the centre rear seat.
- A sunglass compartment above the driver’s door.
- A penholder in the glove compartment.
- Integrated cup holder in the rear seat.
- Handy storage under the instrument panel, on the front seat cushions, on the front seat backrests and on the outside of the rear seats.