Once again Playboy followed the tradition and chose the Car of the Year 2013, this time the new Porsche 911. The world famous men’s magazine chose the new Porsche model, mentioning that this is a car that is “constantly evolving since its debut in 1963.”
Playboy described the model as being “sexy” and “comfortable”, mostly because of the elegance that you can apply in your driving. Price was also a decisive factor, as this version is more affordable than other 911’s, something that weighed in favor for the Porsche to succeed the Jaguar XKR-S as Car of the Year for Playboy.
Porsche became the first manufacturer to win the award twince since its inception in 2007; remember that the Porsche Panamera Turbo took the title in 2010.
Apart from the car of the year distinction, Playboy also picked winners in other categories, as you can see below.
2013 Winners List:
- Car of the Year: Porsche 911
- Best Roadster: Mercedes SL500
- Best SUV: Land Rover Range Rover
- Best American Car: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Best Sports Car: BMW M5
- Most Exotic Car: McLaren MP4-12C
- Best Car for ‘Braggarts’: Toyota GT86
- Best Electric Car: Honda Jazz EV
- Most Versatile Car: Audi A4 Allroad
- Most “Responsible Car”: Mazda3 MPS
Previous winners of the Car of the Year award:
- 2012 – Jaguar XKR-S
- 2011 – Mercedes SLS AMG
- 2010 – Porsche Panamera Turbo
- 2009 – Audi R8
- 2008 – BMW Z4M Coupe