The WRC returned to Lisbon last Friday afternoon for a Super Special Stage. Beautiful weather (finally a spring day), beautiful place (probably one of the best sightseeings in the world), and an awesome 3.27 Km’s urban circuit attracted thousands of fans and curious people that literally hanged all over to get the best possible spot. Motorward got the chance to be there and take a few pictures of the event. Hope you enjoy our coverage.
One of the funniest moments of the day was when WRC Michal Kosciuszko’s (POL) car bonnet opened after the stage jump, which forced him to drive 2 entire laps while the only thing that he could see was through the bonnet air intakes.
This moment reminded us of Top Gear’s Special in Bolivia, when Clarkson cut his bonnet to be able to see while driving with it open! Check Michal’s video:
Top 10 of the Day – SSS5 Lisbon
- Mikko Hirvonen (Citroen), 2m53,6s
- Sebastien Ogier (Volkswagen), +0.9s
- Jari-Matti Latvala (Volkswagen), +1.0s
- Dani Sordo (Citroen), +2.9s
- Thierry Neuville (M-Sport), +3.5s
- Andreas Mikkelsen (Volkswagen), +5.0s
- Nasser Al-Attiyah (Qatar M-Sport), +6.6s
- Evgeny Novikov (M-Sport), +9.2s
- Martin Prokop (Jipocar), +10.1s
- Denis Kuipers (Qatar M-Sport), +11.7s