The Cascada Convertible is not the only hot new car Buick has to offer at this year’s Detroit Motor Show. They also revealed the Buick Avenir Concept, a high-end luxury sedan focusing on the joys of design, luxury and comfort, rather than efficiency and all that nonsense!
That’s why the Buick Avenir Concept is powered by a good old-fashioned V6 engine and you won’t find any lithium-ion batteries anywhere in it. Still, it’s not like the Avenir is actively trying to be gas-guzzler. The engine features Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology, plus a 9-speed automatic gearbox. But a concept car with no hybrid drivetrain these days is kind of like a Liam Neeson movie without any guns or hostages.
Buick Avenir Concept is a very appealing car visually, as it features a retro-classic kind of design with sculpted and chiseled panels,lots of smooth surfaces, and sexy head and tail lights. Again, it is not what you’d expect from a concept in 2015, but it’s desirable nonetheless. The same applies to the interior, where you find some techy stuff for sure, but it’s not exactly futuristic and mind-blowing like, say, a Mercedes-Benz concept.
Buick Avenir Concept Highlights:
- Personal seating for four
- Full light-emitting diode (LED) exterior lighting
- Twenty-one-inch wheels
- Next-generation direct-injected V-6 engine with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology
- Nine-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission
- Driver-selectable suspension damping
- Twin-clutch all-wheel-drive system
- Next-generation Buick IntelliLink infotainment with large, 12-inch-diagonal color touch screen
- Driver-recognition features that automatically sync infotainment preferences
- Ionic cabin air filtration
- Mobile device wireless charging
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot