Somewhere between his duties as the performance consultant for Jaguar Land Rover and his passion for motoring journalism, Harry Metcalfe managed to film this review/tour of the new Range Rover Sport SVR. This is the first proper taste you get of what this super sport Range Rover is all about, and what it’s capable of doing.
As usual, the review begins with a walk around the vehicle, followed by a comprehensive road test. But Range Rover Sport SVR still being an off-roader at heart, Harry also takes it to the field for a spot of high-speed rambling!
Range Rover Sport SVR Specs:
- All-aluminium monocoque
- Two-speed transfer case
- Permanent four-wheel drive
- Terrain Response 2
- Lightweight aluminium suspension is fully-independent, with wide-spaced double-wishbones at the front and an advanced multi-link layout at the rear
- Towing capability up to 3000kg
- 21-inch alloy wheels with 275/45 R21 all-season tyres
- 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine with 550PS and 680Nm
- ZF 8HP70 8-speed automatic transmission
- Two-stage active exhaust featuring electronically controlled valves
- 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds
- Top speed electronically limited to 162mph
- Nürburgring Nordschleife lap time 8 minutes 14 seconds