So only a few days after its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed the new Mercedes AMG GT R gets it first big gig with a leading role in a Hollywood blockbuster. AMG could not have planned this better. The R is playing the role of ‘Drift’ in the highly anticipated Transformers: The Last Knight.
Dressed in black and garnished with red stripes, the Mercedes AMG GT R is going to be an absolute eye candy among Transformers’ impressive list of star cars which we know also includes a new Bumblebee Camaro and Barricade Mustang. This being a Michael Bay movie, you know that these cars are going to look captivatingly awesome on the screen, which is a good thing because obviously you can’t expect much of the plot, or the dialogue, or anything that would qualify as filmmaking art.
Can’t wait to see what other cool things Bay has in store. It’s a long way till the premiere of Transformers: The Last Knight on June 23, 2017. So stay tuned.
Mercedes AMG GT R Highlights:
- AMG green hell magno paint job
- Wider front and rear wings for wider tracks
- New front fascia with active elements
- New rear fascia with double diffuser
- Nine-way adjustable traction control system
- Adjustable coil-over suspension
- Rear-axle limited-slip differential
- Twin-turbo V-8 front-mid engine (585 hp / 700 Nm)
- Specifically adapted seven-speed dual-clutch transmissio
- Active rear-wheel steering
- 20-inch lightweight 10-spoke wheels