For all its serious futuristic looks, BMW i8 can be turned into a fun and playful thing with something as simple as a wrap. It’s all about the color, as shown here with this Matte Orange BMW i8 by Metro Wrapz which looks like a candy.
And before you complain one should not do such things to an i8, you have to remember BMW themselves are very fond of fun and vibrant colors. They have a vast palette of brash colors for their M models, and that’s before we even get to their Individual range. They even have an official color very similar to what’s featured on this Matte Orange BMW i8 — although it’s a wrap — called Fire Orange featured on a number of special edition E92 M3s.
BMW i8 Tech Specs:
- BMW TwinPower Turbo 3-cylinder 228-hp engine with high-precision direct injection; combines eDrive 129-hp electric motor.
- Total power output of 357 hp.eDrive 129-hp and 184-lb-ft torque electric motor
- Driving Dynamics Control with eDRIVE, ECO PRO, COMFORT and SPORT settings
- 2-speed automatic transmission for electric motor
- 6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Hybrid sports car all-wheel-drive system
- 7.1 kW high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack and advanced active thermal management
- Auto Start-Stop function
- High-voltage lithium-ion battery with 7.1 kW battery pack and advanced active thermal management
- Hybrid-specific Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), including all-wheel-drive functionality for independent drive sources, Brake Fade Compensation, Start-off Assistant, Brake Drying and Brake Stand-by features; with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- 11.1-gallon stainless steel fuel tank
- Brake Energy Recuperation system