Mercedes-AMG driving academy in USA is introducing new programs and enhancements for 2010 season. They have added a new Pro Level driving course, which is a three-day event at Road Atlanta Raceway to improve skills of those who have mastered Basic and Advanced programs. This years the AMG Academy also adds Mercedes SLS Supercar to the list of cars you can drive during the course.
Originally founded by Mercedes-AMG in Affalterbach, Germany in 2007, the AMG Driving Academy launched in the U.S. in 2009. More than six-hundred driving enthusiasts participated in the advanced driver program last year, and participants now have the opportunity to attend an advanced three-day Pro Level program at one of the top circuits in the U.S., Road Atlanta. Program participants have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of several AMG models including the E63 AMG, SL63 AMG, C63 AMG, SLK55 AMG and SLS AMG.
- Basic ($1,795 per participant): Intense one-day track program focuses on performance driving dynamics. Participants learn the fundamentals of vehicle dynamics and car control maneuvers using customized exercises. Once participants perfect car control and handling, they progress to a set of high-speed exercises that make use of the entire track.
- Road Atlanta: May 15-16 & June 11-12
- Laguna Seca Raceway: August 27-29, Sept. 25, Oct. 29-30 and Nov. 12
- Advanced ($3,295 per participant): Two-day program picks up where Basic leaves off, providing advanced training and technical on-track instruction. Onboard diagnostics and data capture enable detailed computer analysis and evaluation. The Advanced program is offered to drivers who complete either the Basic Level, AMG Challenge, European Driving Academy program or an equivalent course.
- Road Atlanta: June 13-14, 2010
- Laguna Seca Raceway: September 26-27 & November 13-14
- Pro ($3,995 per participant): The pinnacle of the AMG Driving Academy curriculum, Pro program offers increased instruction while challenging and improving capabilities and skills to a much greater degree. During the three day program, participants train on the legendary Road Atlanta circuit. As speeds increase and skills improve, open lapping provides the maximum challenge and thrill. With an intense curriculum, AMG experienced instructors prepare participants to confidently negotiate the signature corners of Road Atlanta.
- Road Atlanta: June 28-30, 2010