You sure remember the Fiat 500 Coupe Zagato from 2011 Geneva Motor Show. Now it’s becoming reality as Scagliarini accepted the commission to build it.
The first 504czè Coupè Zagato Elaborata is commissioned by a customer from United Arab Emirates, who couldn’t resist having this exquisite piece in his collection after he first heard about it. 500, Coupe, Zagato, Scagliarini. When these words come together you know the result will be something amazing.
There are differences between the Zagato concept and the Elaborata of course, chief among which is the rear window which is completely covered in this car, which in the Zagato had a unique design. They call this car the 504 because it gets an all-wheel-drive system borrowed from Fiat Panda 4×4. According to Scagliarini The car will be finished in a Lamborghini Arancio, and may feature a removable top.
The car is of course based on the Abarth 500 and uses the same chassis and MultiAir 1,4L 16v Turbo (T-Jet) engine with 180Hp / 230-250Nm, but the new body components will be made of carbon fiber, including:
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Antennae Base
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Door Panels
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Front Air Vent
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Grill
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Splitter
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Panel
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler
- Scagliarini 500ssc Carbon Fiber Surrounds
It also gets Brembo brakes, Ragazzon exhausts, Koni FSD w/ Abarth EsseEssse Lowering Springs, Marangoni Zeta Linea or Pirelli Pzero Nero around 17-inch OZ rims, Abarth Corse Seats by Sabelt in Alcantara and a roll cage. This, to all intents and purposes, is a little supercar!
Scagliarini Motorsports, who makes performance cars for FIAT Studios and private sale as well as genuine accessories, has not mentioned the price of this astonishing car. But it takes no genius to say a bespoke coachbuilt cat with such specification will be painfully expensive!
UPDATE! Zagato announced they have nothing to do with this project, and are in fact taking legal action against Scagliarini for unauthorized use of Zagato name and logo, and the Zagato 500 Concept car.