Rhys Millen couldn’t wait any longer for Hyundai to make a V8-powered Genesis Coupe. So he made one himself.
The RM500 Geni Coupe gets the 5.0 liter Tau V8 engine from the Genesis R-Spec sedan with no less than 450 hp output. They haven’t revealed the performacne figures of this car, probably becasue they didn’t have time to measure it yet.
But after SEMA they can, and we would see if Hyundai has been missing out not offering a V8 for its fine sports coupe.
The RMR car features a number of deep mods to cope with the 150 extra horses it’s carrying. Some of the most important ones include HRE 793-RS 19-inch wheels, Hankook Ventus R-S3 tires and Brembo carbon ceramic rotors with Brembo six and four piston calipers.
The looks of the car is also tweaked with an aero kit consisting of RMR carbon front lip, carbon spoiler, carbon rear diffuser, carbon side skirts, carbon fog light ducts and carbon grill.
Specs after the pictures…
Mechanical components RMR modified include:
- Hyundai 5.0-liter Tau V8 Engine
- RMR Custom Stainless Exhaust with Greddy SE Rear Section
- RMR Custom Adapter Plate
- RMR Custom Light Weight Clutch & Flywheel
- K&N Panel Filter
- AEM Engine Management System
- Brembo Carbon Ceramic Rotors (Front – 15.5-inch, Rear – 15-inch)
- Brembo Six Piston Front Calipers Four Piston Rear
- HRE 793-RS II-Spoke Rims (Front – 19×8.5, Rear – 19×9.5)
- Hankook Ventus V12 Tires (Front – 245/40ZR19, Rear – 275/35ZR19)
Interior enhancements include:
- RMR Interior Suede Trip Package
- Sparco Chrono Sport Seats with RMR Accents
- Sparco Track Sliders
- RMR Seat Brackets
- Sparco Tecno Leather Shift Knob
- RMR 1-inch Steering Column Extension
RMR also made the following exterior enhancements:
- RMR Carbon Front Lip
- RMR Carbon Side Skirts
- RMR Carbon Rear Diffuser
- RMR Carbon Three Piece Spoiler
- RMR Carbon Grill
- RMR Carbon Overlay Roof
- RMR Carbon Fog Light Vents with Brake Ducts
- RMR Yellow Fog Light Covers
2011 SEMA: RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe V8,