The good old Mitsubishi Shogun, or Pajero if you are outside UK, has been given a fresh new look with the UK-only Black special edition.
The main feature of the Black treatment is the satin black styling kit which includes striking black 20” alloy wheels, roof, spoiler, wing mirrors, grille and headlamp bezels, fog lamp surrounds, door handles and side steps.
They’re cool, but the Shogun has a very old design and it’s hard to conceal it with some mascara.
The car is based on the 3.2 Di-D LWB version with 197bhp and 441Nm of torque, a choice of five colors including Frost White (Solid), Cool Silver (Metallic), Diamond Black (Pearlescent), Orient Red (Metallic), Granite Brown (Metallic), and a range of standard features.
Shogun Black comes with New high-quality material leather upholstery, enhanced illumination for instruments, brushed silver finish for power window control panels, as well as new up-to-date equipments such as satellite navigation, reversing camera, and iPod connection.
The Mitsubishi Shogun Black is priced £1,000 above the SG4 model at £41,999. If you want the metallic color that adds another £540.
Other features include:
- Mitsubishi Active Stability and Traction Control (M-ASTC)
- Auto lights, auto wipers and privacy glass
- A colour coded spare wheel cover as standard
- Brake override system – in case the driver accidentally hits the brake and accelerator at the same time (the car automatically opts for the safer braking option)
- Rear under-cover, thus reducing aerodynamic drag
- Electric power steering