GMC came up with a new version of the Acadia SUV at the 2012 Chicago Autoshow, and also brought a Denali edition along.
The new 2013 Acadia has refreshingly different looks than all the other cars in this segment, which, especially in Denali format, seems pretty nice. We like the massive 3-bar front grille, those fancy headlights, and the flared fenders. The car can be had with New 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheel patterns.
The rear-end is more ordinary, and to be honest less interesting than the front. It gets worse when you step inside the cabin, as the design is a tad old-fashioned and looks pretty cramped.
It does get a fair bit of kit though. Stuff like Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert system, OnStar’s Directions and Connections service, capacitive touch controls, GMC’s Color Touch Radio, USB-connected iPods, and… are all either standard or available.
All 2013 GMC Acadia models are powered by a fuel-efficient, 3.6L direct injection V-6 with variable valve timing, producing 288 horsepower (215 kW) and 270 lb-ft (266 Nm) of torque. Front-wheel drive is standard, while the added control of all-wheel drive is available. Maximum towing capacity is 5,000 pounds (2268 kg). The new version gets a next-generation Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission with better shift response and improved drivability.
Denali-special features include:
- New, three-dimensional polished grille
- Redesigned lower front and rear fascias
- Body-color lower cladding and rocker moldings, rear fascia and fender flares
- Unique body-side moldings with chrome accents and Denali badges
- Dual flow-through chrome exhaust outlets integrated into the rear fascia
- 20-inch machined wheels
Inside, Denali adds standard comfort and safety features, including:
- Perforated leather seating and Denali-specific Cocoa Dune upholstery color
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood inserts and power tilt/telescope
- Aluminum trim accents
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Accent lighting in footwells and lighted sill plates with Denali logo
- Color Touch navigation
- Side Blind Zone and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Dual SkyScape sunroof system, with sliding front sunroof and fixed rear section
- All-wheel drive