This is what Hennessey Performance has in mind for the British supercar McLaren MP4-12C. It’s pretty mad.
Hennessey is obviously aware of the righteous complaints regarding the car’s rather understated appearance and soulless drive, and tried to address both issues with a superb styling kit and a few more horses to go with it.
They’ve come up with a properly awesome body kit for the car, which is amazing because American tuners are generally known to have rubbish taste in style! But this is just fantastic.
You get a new front bumper, new hood, air splitter and new side skirts, tweaked side vents for more visual drama, and a new front apron with a massive diffuser, two huge air ducts, and four tailpipes sticking out of the taillights, plus a new spoiler.
It not just show and no go either. The HPE800 package, as the name suggests, also comes with a colossal 800bhp output. The engine has undergone a substantial modification program for that (list below), but we’re curious to see what effect that power will have on the MP4’s already mind-boggling performance.
HPE800 Twin Turbo Upgrades Include:
– Upgraded intercooler system
– Upgraded air intake system
– Upgraded ball-bearing turbochargers
– Hennessey titanium exhaust system
– External wastegates
– External blow-off valves
– Upgraded fuel and engine management system
– Upgraded transmission cooler
– Upgraded transmission clutch system
– Custom dyno-tuned engine calibration
– Hennessey Warranty
Other Upgrades Include:
– Hennessey CarbonAero body upgrade
– Hennessey Monoblock wheels
– Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
– Hennessey custom interior upgrades including carbon fiber, Alcantara and leathers
HPE does not plan to offer any kind of a suspension or brake system upgrade as the factory systems will be difficult to improve upon. The company plans to offer the upgrades listed above as an entire package as well as some individual parts.