The Lamborghini Aventador J was designed and made in just six weeks, but it turns out to be the most popular car at this year Geneva Autoshow. It’s not the least bit surprising, just look at it! The crazy-looking speedster-style Lambo with no windscreen and no roof is the ultimate expression of a hyper car. And no one is as good as Lamborghini at making hyper cars.
Ferraris are designed to mess with G force, Lamborghinis are designed to mess with G strings. That’s why people like the Aventador J so much. It doesn’t just mess with it, it tears it apart!
The statistics Lamborghini released on the car’s online status are quite remarkable. On YouTube, Google and Twitter the J created such a buzz during the Geneva show, where it also won a couple of awards by different magazines as the best concept.
The thing is, Lamborghini doesn’t really need all this attention. They’ve only made one of these and it’s already been sold. Still, it feels good to know they can make something that sets the fans’ trousers on fire.
“We knew the Aventador J was something quite special, but we did not anticipate such an overwhelming reaction to the car,” states Stephan Winkelmann, President & CEO of Automobili Lamborghini. “We are pleased by the response to this vehicle and look forward to pushing the limits of design and technology for future products and generations to come.”
- More than 21.5 million organic Google searches
- The most popular show-week YouTube sports car video; “Aventador J – The Making Of” currently has more than 280,000 views (category “Auto and Vehicles”)
- “Best of Show” Winner – Autoweek magazine
- A new daily traffic record at www.lamborghini.com
- More than 6,800 tweets with a worldwide exposure of more than 40 million impressions