Info leaked about BMW’s latest trademark filings reveal many interesting names being secured by the German auto maker. Not all of them indicate a production model, of course, as car makers tend to register names they won’t even use just to avoid any sort of complications in the future. There are a couple of names in the list, though, that have been mentioned before for upcoming models.
And the one we’re most interested in is the M7 moniker. The M version of the 7-Series has been on the table for too long while BMW was trying to work out if they want to make it or not. This time though they seem serious, not just because of the trademark thing, but also because BMW M boss himself has confirmed they’re working on such a thing.
The list also reveals BMW’s plans for 2 and 4-series. The 2-Series especially sounds like a probable prospect as it comes with everything from E, i, X, and even M. It also gets an Active Tourer version. BMW is apparently thinking of launching yet another new niche.
BMW and MINI trademark filings list:
- Gran Tourer
- Compactive, Compactive Tourer
- E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9
- i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9
- X2, X4
- M1, M2, M7, M10
- M35, M40, M55, M300, M350, M400, M500
- M130, M135, M140, M230, M235, M240, M330, M335, M340, M430, M435, M440, M450, M550, M650, M750
- GC, Gran Coupe, BMW Gran Coupe, 6er Gran Coupe
- SportMode, CoolMode, Air Collar, BMW Turbotec, Drive eCharged, LifeDrive, i Pedelec
- Corniche, Shadow, Wraith, Cloud, Dawn
- Rocketman, Paceman, Clubvan