In preparation for the ATS market launch, Cadillac launched a dedicated website for this model, so the prospective customers can spec up their perfect car before actually going to the showroom and checking it out. Cadillac ATS is the sportiest sedan the American brand has ever made and they have high hopes for it. they hope it can beat the BMW 3 Series in its own game. That’s a bit too ambitious, but they’ve spent a great deal of time at the Nurburgring tuning this car, so who knows.
Here’s the link to the feature-rich configurator. Before trying it out though, you may need some basic info about the ATS.
The engine lineup at launch include an all-new 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder rated at 270 horsepower (201 kW) and Cadillac’s award-winning 3.6L V-6, estimated at 318 horsepower (237 kW). At 135hp/L, the new 2.0T is one of the most power-dense engines in the industry, topping engines from European competitors. Cadillac ATS will offer both manual and automatic transmission options, along with rear-wheel and all-wheel-drive configurations.
The ATS also comes with Cadillac’s CUE, with features including:
- Bluetooth phone connectivity with voice recognition
- USB, auxiliary and SD memory card ports
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Keyless access and keyless push-button start
- Reconfigurable 5.7-inch instrument panel cluster display
- Full-color reconfigurable heads-up display.
Optional advanced safety features include:
- Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control
- Intelligent Brake Assist
- Forward Collision Alert
- Brake Pre-Fill Automatic Collision Preparation
- Lane Departure Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Vision Camera With Dynamic Guidelines
- Adaptive Forward Lighting
- Hill Hold/Start Assist (Standard, manual transmission)
Highlights of the chassis and suspension features include:
- Cadillac’s first five-link independent rear suspension, using high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
- A multi-link, double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
- Driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension with Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping
- Premium electric variable-effort steering gear by ZF Steering Systems
- Four-channel ABS with available Brembo performance brakes
- Available all-wheel drive.