The Velocity is a factory-tuned Hyundai Veloster using the best aftermarket tuning parts available for the car. Using Cosworth parts and engineering know-how, Hyundai managed to extract a staggering 400 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque out of the Veloster’s 1.6 liter engine.
To get that kind of power they’ve fitted the engine with performance pistons, rods, turbocharger, intercooler, intake manifold, intake-charging design, fuel system and engine management. So yes, it’s not a Hyundai engine anymore.
Obviously with that kind of power under the bonnet, Hyundai needed to upgrade the car’s brake system and suspension, as well its tires. So they relied on Brembo 4-piston calipers and two-piece rotors, Bilstein springs with monotube dampers, and Kumho Ecsta SPT 275/35R19 high performance summer tires.
Other bits and piece include a massive aero kit with large spoilers and what not, HRE wheels, and a racing interior. But that engine dominates everything.
- Cosworth engine upgrades: Pistons, Rods, Turbo, Intercooler, Intake Manifold, Intake charge design, Fuel system, and Engine Management system
- CPR Fabrication: Custom Exhaust system
- Sparco: A1 WTX 5H Helmets, gloves, shoes, and seat belts.
- Race-keeper: Race-Keeper Video GPS data Acquisition System
- Katzkin custom suede leather interior:
- Raven and scarlet themed suede with red stitching
- CPR Integrated Roll Bar
- Velocity HATCI Design Body Kit:
- Front and rear braking airflow ducts
- Lift-reducing rear diffuser
- Integrated front splitter
- Aero side skirt lip
- Oversized rear wing spoiler
- #1 racing number design motif
- HRE P40 model 19 x 9.0” lightweight satin-charcoal wheels
- Brembo: 350x28mm two-piece Rotors and 4-Piston Calipers
- Bilstein: Monotube dampers and spring kit
- Kumho: Ecsta SPT 275/35R19 High Performance Summer Tires