AMG Driving Academy, arguably the best of its kind in the world, announced details of its plans to provide American enthusiasts and AMG aficionados with a chance to improve their skills in a fun and exciting way. The calendar includes four events and three different levels.
You can begin with the Basic Training ($1,795), in which a team of AMG instructors teach you the fundamentals of performance driving, and help you familiarize with the power and handling capabilities of AMG vehicles. Next step is Advanced Training ($3,195), which i a two day program giving you a deep level of technical driver training both on and off the track. Pro Training ($3,995) is the greatest level allowing you to enjoy maximum speed, challenges and thrills in a three-day event.
The cars available to experience during the events include the E63 AMG, SL63 AMG, CLS63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, SLK55 AMG and the iconic SLS AMG.
AMG Academy U.S. calendar:
- Road America (Plymouth, WI): April 24 – May 1
- Located in Wisconsin’s scenic Kettle Moraine, the track is a new addition for the AMG Driving Academy in 2013. Recognized as one of the world’s fastest and most challenging, and for its history of pro and amateur racing, Road America has exciting turns, curves and high speed straights following the sweeping, rolling hills of glacially-formed terrains that provide drivers with dramatic elevation changes.
- Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA): August 29 – September 4
- Voted one of America’s best road courses by Car and Driver magazine, its 2.54 mile, 12 turn world class track is situated on 750 park-like acres in the rolling hills of Northeast Georgia and only 35 miles north of Atlanta.
- Lime Rock Park (Lakeville, CT): September 12 – 18
- Few tracks are as well known and loved. This classic 1.53-mile, 7-turn course, nestled in the Berkshire Mountains of northwest Connecticut continues to excite some of the world’s best drivers since 1957.
- Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey, CA): October 17 – 23, November 6 – 13, and December 4 – 10
- Located in one of North America’s best destination locations — the Monterey Peninsula, Laguna Seca features tremendous elevation changes, the famous Corkscrew complex and 2.24 sinewy miles.