Lexus, like some other Japanese car manufacturers, decided to let the fans do the work for this year’s SEMA show and come up with ideas for tuning their cars. They launched an online competition at deviantART, the largest online social network for artists, and chose the coolest virtually-tuned IS 350. It is now built and ready to be displayed at the show.
The winning entry for the best Fan-Created Lexus IS model belongs to Robert Evans and features a one-of-a-kind aero styling package, a carbon interior package, special three-piece wheels and a custom paint job. His design was turned into reality in a 10-week project by VIP Auto Salon.
Besides the SEMA display, Robert received a substantial reward package for his work, including a one-year lease of a 2014 Lexus IS F SPORT; $2,000; a trip to this year’s SEMA Show to see his IS concept on display; 8,000 deviantART points; and a one-year premium membership to deviantART.
Joining that IS on display at Lexus’ booth at SEMA, we have the following:
- Second generation, 2007 IS 250 featuring 20-inch wheels, an aero package, and F SPORT performance accessories from owner Andrew Atigehchi (Lexus Booth, #21601)
- First generation, 2004 IS 300 with a ProLex Performance Supercharger, custom dual exhaust and JDM Altezza grille from owner Maricar Cortez (Lexus Booth, #21601)
- 2014 IS 250 F SPORT all-metal wide body by Paul Tolson and Gabriel Escobedo (Outside Central Hall)
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT featuring 20-inch Vossen CVT directional wheels and Tommy Kaira full aero package and dual exhaust by Vossen (Booth #46119)
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT by Seibon Carbon with custom Seibon Carbon exterior, 20-inch racing wheels and A’PEXi SPL suspension (Booth #21609)
- 2014 IS 340 by Philip Chase with a 2JZ-GTEengineswap, and five-speed manual transmission (Booth #24621)
- 2014 IS AWD by Gordon Ting with BrembohighperformanceGTbraking system, TEIN USA custom Street Flex coilovers, and GReddyperformanceexhaust and airintakesystem (Booth#40041)
- 2012 LFA by Guy S. De Alwis of Endles Automotive with an Artisan Spirits carbon fiber aero kit and 20-inch staggered Work Gnosis HS202 wheels in a Brush Silver Clear finish (Toyo Tires Tread Pass)