As a performance-minded car enthusiast, Jay Leno is a big fan of making the car as light as possible because it makes quicker and nicer to drive. That is why he decided to feature the new Carbon Revolution carbon fiber wheels on his show. These things save some extra pounds where you wouldn’t normally expect.
Following a quick tour that teaches you the essential about these one-piece carbon fiber wheels Jay and CR officials hit Willow Springs in an old Porches 911 GT3 to put the wheels to the test and see their real-world effect.
And here’s, in brief, why Carbon Revolution thinks they are onto something with their new invention:
Carbon Revolution wheels are 40% -50% lighter than premium OEM equivalents. Carbon Revolution Wheels improve the performance of your car in many ways. Bolting on a set of Carbon Revolution’s carbon fiber wheels is equivalent to:
- Adding horse power to the engine (increased acceleration)
- Increasing the size of the brakes (shorter stopping distances)
- Fitting stickier tires (grip improvements)
- Upgrading your suspension (steering and handling improvements)
- Adding more sound insulation to the vehicle (Reduced road noise)
- Fuel savings
Jay Leno Tests Carbon Fiber Wheels on a Porsche GT3,