Mercedes-Benz has just released a great new trailer for the 2016 Mercedes Maybach S-Class S600. Accompanied by a calm and serene music, the trailer puts in perspective how great life can be in a Maybach.
But it works like a double-edged sword. The footage also shows how like a normal S-Class the new Maybach looks. It’s good if you are discrete and don’t want to show off your wealth. But one may argue what you get with the Mercedes Maybach S-Class is not worth the extra dough you have to shell out compared to a normal S500.
Mercedes Maybach S-Class Highlights:
- Mercedes-Maybach S-Class comes with the option of selecting the AIR-BALANCE package which includes fragrancing, ionisation and even more efficient filtration compared with the basic vehicle. A premium room fragrance has been designed exclusively for this model and the AGARWOOD bottle itself is adorned with Maybach lettering. Agarwood speaks of the centuries-old tradition of perfume. Oud derived from the wood of the Agar tree has long been one of the most precious ingredients – more valuable even than gold – and lends this fragrance its inimitable presence. The luminous golden warmth of resin marries with a striking woodiness, richly contrasted with smokiness. With its refined and elegant character, agarwood makes a statement.
- Any journey in the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class can be celebrated in style with two high-quality, handcrafted champagne flutes (optional extra). These silver-plated flutes have been made for the on-board bar by Robbe & Berking, silversmiths in Flensburg, Germany. The prestigious company has a long tradition and well over half of the 200 largest yachts in the world carry silver from Robbe & Berking. Fine restaurants around the globe with several hundred Michelin stars between them are also customers of this luxury brand.
- As standard the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class is fitted with a panoramic sliding sunroof. This roof system and its large glass areas make for an especially bright and friendly ambience in the interior. It consists of a fixed panoramic glass roof in the rear section and a top-sliding power sunroof so that the interior can be ventilated as desired. For the first time, the sliding sunroof is available with optional MAGIC SKY CONTROL technology from Mercedes-Benz: the glass can be switched to light or dark at the touch of a button (optional extra for the Mercedes-Maybach S 600).
- Small roller sunblinds for the triangular windows in the C-pillar reflect the great attention to detail. Together with the electric roller sunblinds in the rear doors, they protect passengers in the rear from prying eyes and direct sunlight if desired. When not in use, the roller sunblinds for the triangular windows are concealed out of sight in the side panels. In conjunction with the electric roller sunblind for the rear window, the roller sunblinds for the triangular windows and the rear doors form part of the standard-fit Sun Protection package.
- The continuous business console, part of the optional First-Class rear suite, is longer than in the normal S-Class and offers extra stowage space.
- A range of exclusive paintwork is available as an option for the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class. These paint finishes are produced as part of a “Manufaktur” process (hand-finishing section) at the plant in Sindelfingen. After the first clear coat is applied, the surface of all vehicles is roughened (intermediate sanding) and then a second and final clear coat is painted on. This adds extra depth to the paint finish.
- In addition to the leather options for the S-Class, a designo roof liner in nappa leather is available exclusively for the Mercedes-Maybach. The leather trim extends to sunblinds, roof grab handle, pillar trim, both vanity mirrors in the rear with diamond quilting pattern, and the frames of the Burmester 3D loudspeakers. Elaborate topstitching on the three interior colours of nappa leather available (black, porcelain and crystal grey) attest to the high level of craftsmanship involved in each vehicle’s fabrication.