Rally legend Mikko Hirvonen was recently invited to test drive a brand-new Mercedes AMG GT S. Being full aware of the man’s driving skills, the preparators of the event decided to the best place for Mikko’s run in the GT would be a frozen lake!
As you would expect, the predominant outcome of combining a rally driver, a rear-wheel-drive sports car, and a frozen lake, is lots and lots of tail action, by which we mean perfectly executed and eye-pleasing drifts.
Mercedes AMG GT S Key Highlights:
- Handbuilt AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine – the world’s first sports car engine with the turbos inside the V of the engine and dry sump lubrication
- 0-60 mph time of 3.7 seconds (preliminary); 193 mph top speed
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with electronically controlled limited slip differential
- AMG Dynamic Exhaust System with electronically controlled variable vane
- AMG Dynamic suspension
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with multiple driver selectable suspension and steering modes
- AMG Performance steering wheel with shift paddles
- High-quality Nappa leather
- Numerous trim options, including silver chrome, matte carbon fiber, high-gloss carbon fiber, black diamond and matte silver fiberglass
- Advanced safety technologies, including COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS, Adaptive Braking technology, ATTENTION ASSIST, PARKTRONIC, Rearview Camera, and the PRE-SAFE® system
- Optional Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist