British tuner BBR has been deeply in love with the Mk3 2005-2014 Mazda MX-5 NC, putting together numerous upgrade kits to improve it. Now that the car has been replaced with a new version, they have come up with a parting gift for it. BBR Mazda MX-5 Super 225 is the most powerful non-turbo package ever for the Japanese roadster.
Dyno-rated at 225 bhp @ 7900 rpm and 175 lb.ft at 4500 rpm, BBR Mazda MX-5 Super 225 is available for 2.0 liter version of the NC models and can be had both as a complete package, or as a retrofit onto BBR Super 200 kit. As a reminder, the standard 2.0 liter MX-5 has an output of 158 bhp.So the gain is pretty remarkable, especially as BBR retain the standard ECU and only upgrades it with a StarChip software.
BBR Mazda MX-5 Super 225 upgrade package is priced at £4295 installed or £3490 if you want to Do It Yourself. The tuner also offers an optional airbox and replacement OEM intake for £200. The contents of the pricey package are as follows:
- BBR stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifold
- BBR high performance intake and exhaust camshafts
- BBR 3.5 inch diameter branded tailpipes with stainless steel clamps
- BBR badges for front wings and bootlid
- Drive by wire controlled direct to head shaftless AT Power individual throttle bodies
- Bespoke AT Power / BBR curved inlet extensions
- CNC machined 20mm alloy inlet ram pipes
- MAP block assembly (enabling OEM Mazda MAP sensor installation)
- Ramair foam air filter (Optional BBR airbox and replacement OEM intake for trackday use)
- BBR Engine breather system