Sometimes we think what we do in terms of evaluating cars based on the facts and figures is just a giant waste of time. I mean, take Lamborghini Aventador SV. We can spend all day counting the reasons why you should get one. But it wouldn’t work nearly as well as this video showing the car tackling the unrestricted roads of the magnificent Isle of Man.
Watching this footage one becomes convinced that Lamborghini Aventador SV is the best car in the world, because the combination of the noise, the speed and the scenery is just damn perfect. One also feels a strong jealousy towards Evo’s Henry Catchpole who’s behind the wheel!
Lamborghini Aventador SV Highlights:
- Frame: Carbon fiber monocoque with aluminium front and rear frames
- Body: Carbon fiber engine bonnet, rear spoiler and side air inlets; Aluminium front bonnet, front fenders and doors; SMC superlight rear fender and rocker covers
- Suspension: Front and rear horizontal magneto-rheological damper with push-rod system
- Steering: Steering Gear with 3 different servotronic charcteristics coupled with Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS), managed by drive select mode
- Gearbox: 7 speed ISR, shifting characteristic depending on drive select mode / 4WD with Haldex generation IV
- Top speed: >350 km/h (>217 mph)
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 2.8 s
- Acceleration 0-200 km/h (0-124 mph): 8.6 s
- Acceleration 0-300 km/h (0-186 mph): 24.0 s
- Braking 100-0 km/h (62-0 mph): 30.0 m