The brand-new 2017 Mercedes GLC Coupe, Mercedes’ attempt at making a crossover vehicle with the visual appeal of a coupe, is now available to order in the UK. With the first deliveries scheduled for September, the GLC Coupe offers for now a choice of two diesel engines.
The first engine you can pick for your Mercedes GLC Coupe is a 2.1-litre 170 hp diesel in the GLC 220d model which is pathetically weak, but on the upside returns 56.5 mpg on the combined cycle and 131 g/km of CO2. There is a more powerful version of the same motor with 204 hp in the GLC 250d, and since it has the same economy figures, common sense dictates you go for the latter.
Mind you, the 220d starts at £40,580, while the 250d kicks off at £41,735. Both models come with a 9G-tronic automatic transmission and both can be had with the AMG Line trim, in which case those prices jump to £42,090 and £43,245 respectively.
As for the features and equipment, the standard kit on all Mercedes GLC Coupe models include Garmin Map Pilot navigation system; Active Park Assist; Artico upholstery in black or beige; keyless start; reversing camera; LED performance head lights; heated front seats; sports suspension; electrically operated tail gate; and mirror package (consisting of: electrically operated and automatically dimming mirrors).
The optional AMG Line package adds an AMG sports steering wheel with flat bottom; brushed steel sports pedals; black roof lining; and Artico leather in either black or Cranberry Red. The exterior features: an AMG bodystyling kit; 19-inch five-twin-spoke alloy wheels; and a diamond grille with chrome pins.
Other available packages for the GLC Coupe are as follows:
- Premium package (£1,495): ambient lighting; sliding glass sunroof; Keyless-Go comfort package; and memory package
- Premium Plus package (£2,795): COMAND Online infotainment system and Burmester surround sound system (consisting of 13 speakers)
- Lane Tracking package (£595): Blind Spot Assist and Lane Tracking Assist, available on both Sport and AMG Line models
- Driving Assistance Package (£1,695): Active Blind Spot Assist; Active Lane-keeping Assist; Distronic Plus with Steering Assist; BAS Plus with Crosswind Assist; Pre-safe Plus; and Pre-safe Brake with pedestrian detection
- AMG Line Night Package (£495): detailing including: black exterior mirrors; 19-inch alloy wheels with five-twin-spoke bicolour design; front apron with trim in high-gloss black; and rear apron with diffuser in high-gloss black.