As we said the last time we saw the magnificent Mercedes AMG GT R in this color, this car looks a lot cooler in black than in that ridiculous mango green or whatever it is AMG has come for it. Just take this footage of the GT R tearing around the Nurburgring like a beast chasing a prey. It wouldn’t have looked so awesome it the car was green or yellow, would it?
Of course, some may argue that Mercedes AMG GT R looks rather plain in black. What you need to take into account here that although the GT R is a brilliant car, those massive aero parts and the large grilles and what have you aren’t exactly what you call cool. A black paint job does at least obscure some of that ostentation so you can enjoy the performance without feeling embarrassed about the looks.
Mercedes AMG GT R Highlights:
- AMG green hell magno paint job
- Wider front and rear wings for wider tracks
- New front fascia with active elements
- New rear fascia with double diffuser
- Nine-way adjustable traction control system
- Adjustable coil-over suspension
- Rear-axle limited-slip differential
- Twin-turbo V-8 front-mid engine (585 hp / 700 Nm)
- Specifically adapted seven-speed dual-clutch transmissio
- Active rear-wheel steering
- 20-inch lightweight 10-spoke wheels