Jaguar XKR 75 Anniversary EditionThursday, June 24, 2010 12:02 by Arman Barari
At 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed Jaguar will unveil the new XKR 75 super coupe, a special edition which marks the company’s 75th anniversary. This model is limited to 75 units, obviously, and features a unique Stratus Grey finish, Red brake callipers and 20-inch gloss Vortex rims, while you can also order some graphics for it just like the picture above.
Jaguar XKR 75 also benefits from enhanced performance. The 5.0 liter supercharged V8 of the car is tweaked to develop 530PS and 655Nm, which reduces its 0-60 time to 4.4 seconds (standard XKR 4.6). The top speed is still limited but to 174 mph or 280 km/h, so no complaints here!
It also gets a semi-active sports exhaust system for an even nicer soundtrack.
To cope with the extra power, XKR75 comes with a re-tuned chassis featuring revised suspension and an aero kit for the body consisting of a front splitter, side sills extensions, a rear diffuser and larger rear spoiler. Inside the cabin new items exclusive to the 75 include Charcoal with ivory stitch, piano black finish to facia and centre console and a Jet suedecloth headlining.
Mike O’Driscoll, managing director, Jaguar Cars, said: “The XKR 75 will provide owners with exclusivity, excitement and a hint of Jaguar’s great heritage. This is a fitting way to celebrate the sporting credentials of the XK marque in the 75th year of the Jaguar name,” he continued.
“We conceived the XR 75 as a sports car with a duality of character that makes it perfectly suited to driving across Europe to the Nurburgring, completing some very fast laps, and then driving home again, added Mike Cross, Chief Engineer Vehicle Integrity.
THE XKR 75 AT A GLANCE
The unique features of the exclusive new XKR 75 include:
- Increased performance through detailed engine and transmission recalibration
- Power increased to 530PS (compared to 510 PS on XKR)
Torque increased to 655Nm (compared to 625Nm on XKR)
Upgraded torque converter to handle the increased torque
- Upgraded suspension systems for increased precision and agility
- Increased spring and damper rates (front springs 28 per cent stiffer, rear springs 32 per cent stiffer)
- New fully-machined aluminium front and revised rear suspension upright for increased camber stiffness (increased by 25 per cent)
- Re-tuned Adaptive Dynamics damper control software
- Reduced ride height (15mm front and 10mm rear)
- Aerodynamic body pack with body coloured finish to front splitter, side sills extensions and rear diffuser, and body coloured larger rear spoiler and rear trunk lid finisher
- Sports exhaust with improved performance and acoustics – system has new crossover pipe and larger exhaust outlets
- New Stratus Grey exterior paint with optional graphics pack
- Red brake callipers and 20” Vortex forged lightweight alloy wheels, diamond turned with dark grey finish
- XKR performance interior in Charcoal and Ivory stitch leather, with Jet suedecloth headlining and XKR 75 tread plate
- Active front lighting
- Final calibration was done in partnership with the RSR engineering team which has been collaborating with Jaguar on the 2010 motorsport programme.