Hennessey Performance Engineering is working on a hardened, more powerful, race-prepd Corvette ZR1 for those loyal Vette buyers who want something to take on Porsche 911 GT3 and Dodge Viper ACR! So HPE Z700 with 705 hp is probably the right answer to their problem.
They have followed the simple recipe of making a track-focused car, more power and less weight. The ZR1 has been put on a carbon fiber diet, even seats and wheels are replaced with CF models. It also features an aerokit made from the same material. And to maximize the racing feel, inside you get alcantara-covered steering wheel and knob.
Hennessey will only make 24 examples of the HPE Z700, each for $207,150 (including the initial car) and they offer a performance driving instruction for the buyers, making sure they can drive it properly! Hennessey will also take one of these Z700 to Germany to take on the Nuburgring. They claim they can set a time of 7:26. We’ll see…
Hennessey Throws Hat in the “Ring”
Announces Limited Edition 705 hp Z700
Nurburgring-Tested Track Upgrade for the 2010 Corvette ZR1
SEALY, TX – The world’s fastest and most powerful production Corvette, the 638 bhp ZR1 has become the pinnacle of American sports cars. For most ZR1 owners, having a car capable of Nurburgring times of 7:26 is more than enough to satisfy performance to satisfy their need for speed. However, for the select few who subscribe to the mantra of “Too much horsepower is never enough” Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has something special in store for them in 2010. HPE is happy to introduce the company’s 705 bhp Z700 upgrade package for the 2010 ZR1.
Porsche 911 owners wanting the ubber Porsche can order the GT3 RS. Dodge Viper enthusiasts wanting the ultimate road race Viper have the ACR. Now ZR1 owners can opt for the Hennessey Z700 upgrade for their Corvettes.
Hennessey’s Z700 performance package starts by upgrading the engine supercharger, exhaust and air induction systems and is dyno tuned to 705 bhp. But this is just the beginning. Additional upgrades include lightweight carbon fiber wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, which reduce rotating weight by nearly 60 lbs. Hennessey’s Z-Aero ™ carbon fiber front splitter, canards and rear spoiler also add over 300 lbs of down force helping to put the added power to the road and track. Rounding out the Z700 upgrade package is a revised interior with lightweight carbon fiber seats, Alcantara steering wheel and shift knob.
HPE will be throwing its hat in the Ring – literally – and plans to begin testing the Z700 at the famed Nurburgring in Germany later in 2009. The company plans to build just 24 copies of this limited edition Corvette ZR1 for the 2010 model year. Each buyer gets 1-day of performance driving instruction in his or her new Z700 at Hennessey’s own private test track, Lonestar Motorsports Park. Lonestar, which is located next to the company’s facility, is located just west of Houston, Texas and has a full ¼ mile dragstrip as well as a 1.1-mile road course, which will soon be under construction.
2010 Hennessey Z700 – Corvette ZR1 Specifications
- 705 hp @ 6,400 rpm
- 717 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
- 0 – 60 mph: 2.9 seconds
- 0 – 100 mph: 6.4 seconds
- ¼ mile: 10.6 @ 134 mph
- Skid pad: 1.08 lateral G
Note: HPE VBox preliminary test data.
Z700 Package Includes:
- Supercharger Modifications (15 psi boost)
- Intercooler System Upgrade
- Air Induction System Upgrade
- Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrades
- Hennessey Light Weight Carbon Fiber Wheels
- Front: 19 x 10.5 inches; Rear: 19 x 12.5 inches
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
- Front: 265/35-YR19; Rear: 325/35-YR19
- Sparco Carbon Fiber Seats in Alcantara (Driver & Passenger)
- 5-Point Harnesses with Harness Bar
- Alcantara Steering wheel & Shift Knob
- Lowered Factory Suspension
- Corner Weighted with 4-wheel Alignment
- Z-Aero ™ Carbon Fiber Body Parts: Front Splitter, Canards, Rear Spoiler, Vented Factory Hood, Vented Front Fenders
- Hennessey & ZR700 Interior & Exterior Badges
- Limited Edition Serial Numbered Plaque
- 1-Day Driving Instruction at Lonestar Motorsports Park
- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Total Cost Including New 2010 ZR1: $207,150 US Dollars
- Z750 – 755 bhp Upgrade
- Z1000 – 1,000 bhp Twin Turbo / Supercharged Upgrade
- Custom Exterior Colors
- Custom Interior Upgrades & Colors
- German Delivery – Nurburgring Delivery & Driving Instruction