Subaru proudly presented the new XV SUV at Frankfurt Motor Show, but for some reason chose this horrible color for the press pictures they released!
In any other color the XV is a good-looking crossover and is sporty, elegant and versatile at the same time. OK, so maybe not that elegant. But cars like this which have virtually no image are generally considered cool.
The XV, like all other 4WD Subarus, is incredibly tough, efficient and thanks to its rally roots, very fun to drive. That brings us to the principle upon which this car is developed. The fundamental product concept that Subaru adopted for the XV is “Urban Adventure.” In specific terms, a vehicle that would be perfectly suited to exciting, lively, yet stress-free use in the city.
The XV will get 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol Boxer engines, and the option of the new Lineartronic (CVT), and a newly developed “Auto Start Stop System”. More details on the car’s equipments and features in the press release below:
- Overall Length x Width x Height (mm): 4,450 x 1,780 x 1,570
- Wheelbase (mm): 2,635
- Track Front/Rear (mm): 1,525 /1,525
- Minimum road clearance (at kerb weight)(mm): 220
- Seating Capacity: 5
Packaging / Utility
This vehicle’s interior provides unmatched comfort levels to all passengers and best-in-class spaciousness.
· The XV features an extremely roomy passenger compartment, a cargo area that is both spacious and convenient, and excellent riding comfort.
· The door opening dimensions have been enlarged and the higher seat position allows much easier ingress and egress.
· With a focus on convenience, ample storage space for small objects is provided at ideal locations. The Multi-Function Display (MFD) is highly visible in the upper middle section of the instrument panel for comfortable driving.
Coined from the terms “professional tool” and “trendy design,” Subaru’s “Protren” design concept symbolizes the fusion of SUV functionality and urban persona.
· It features a new type of crossover design that combines a stylish, flowing form with a high body and side cladding that enhances the sense of functionality of SUV.
· Equipped with a hexagon grille and hawk eye headlights, these design features emphasize the unique identity of Subaru vehicles. The innovatively designed alloy wheels and cut-away cladding give the XV a sporty and attractive appearance.
· The corners of the front and rear bumpers were designed with special edges that enhance the aerodynamic performance of the vehicle and also contribute to better fuel efficiency.
Along with the roomy and comfortable interior, a stylish design was selected to bring out the best qualities of the chosen materials and give passengers a feeling of quality.
- The instrument panel is styled horizontally, which gives a more roomy feeling.
- A luxurious interior was created that perfectly balances the different tactile and emotional qualities of leather, metal, and cloth.
- The Multi-Function Display is highly visible in the upper middle section of the instrument panel and provides the driver and passengers with information necessary for practical driving in a highly intuitive format. For high-grade type*1, a large 4.3 inches full-colour LCD is equipped with advanced infotainment such as eco-driving display and vehicle information display which supports the driver in a great many ways.
*1: Option for all models
- By integrating the partition windows into the front doors and putting the door mirrors on the door panels, top-level forward visibility in this class was achieved, and blind angles were reduced. A stylish profile with a more streamlined rear roof edge was designed without impairing the rear field of view.
- In addition to SRS driver’s/passenger’s airbags, SRS side airbags and SRS curtain airbags, SRS driver’s knee airbag are installed as standard in all models.
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) is installed in all models as standard. Its intervention timing was optimised and incorporates control logic that demonstrates effectiveness in danger avoidance situations. A brake assist function is also incorporated into the VDC system. This provides the XV with world leading danger avoidance performance and increases driving confidence.