Ford released a Special Service Vehicle Package of the F-150 pickup truck aimed at government, municipal and commercial fleets. The package makes the F-150 even more versatile and perfect for daily tasks of law enforcement or fire rescue units. Ford offers the SSV Package across varied powertrains and cab configurations to satisfy every need the government organizations might have.
So the SSV package will be available for both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, 4×2 and 4×4 models, and with a choice of 5.0-liter V8 or 3.5-liter EcoBoost engines. The interior is tweaked as well, with more focus on driver comfort and maximum adaptability for aftermarket upfit of task-specific accessories, and second-row seat durability. The central console is omitted to make more space for stuff like law enforcement communications gear and firearms installation.
The SSV is a well-thought package. A sign of that is the three-across, full-width second-row seat is covered completely in rugged, durable vinyl, ideal for law enforcement use or work-crew transport. F-150 SSV content includes a high-capacity 220-amp alternator to support fleet-class electrical needs.
- Best-in-class 360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm vs. standard V8 competitors
- 21 mpg highway, unsurpassed 15 mpg city (4×2)
- Best-in-class 10,000 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. standard V8 competitors
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- Best-in-class 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm vs. premium V8 competitors
- Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm
- Best-in-class 11,300 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. all competitors
- Best-in-class 3,120 pounds payload vs. all competitors