To celebrate launch of the new and thoroughly revamped 2013 Avalon, Toyota and TRD are bringing a tricked-out version of the car to the 2012 SEMA. The handsome new car is improved in terms of styling, chassis ans suspension, interior, and engine. It’s a very good effort.
TRD has supercharged the Avalon’s 3.5-liter V6 and also installed a spring/shock package that lowers the car by one inch. Stiffer rear subframe bushings and modified steering characteristics are also used, complemented with 19-inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and TRD Big Brake kit sporting six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers. So handling should be pretty good.
Visually, two-tone custom paint, a color-keyed grille and tinted taillights with clear lenses, plus custom exhaust with polished tips give the Avalon a cooler look. The interior is upgraded with gradient-design perforated leather seating plus red accent piping and stitching, as well as a new instrument cluster and leather door panels.
Avalon TRD Edition is also fitted with a JBL GreenEdgeTM surround-sound audio system with 15 speakers and two trunk-mounted 500W amplifiers. TRD also brings a hybrid Avalon to the show.
- TRD supercharger incorporating Eaton Gen 6 TVS rotor assembly
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Suspension and Brakes
- Cold-rolled steel coil springs that lower vehicle approximately one inch front and rear
- KYB gas-pressured mono-tube shocks with custom valving
- Stiffer rear subframe bushings
- Modified steering assist, damping and hysteresis characteristics
- Brake calipers: Front six-piston; rear four-piston with patented bolt-in bridges
- Brake rotors: Front 380 X 32 mm; rear 345 X 28 mm cross-drilled with patented spiral-vane design
- 19-inch custom wheel design with three-stage paint
- 225/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- Two-tone custom paint scheme
- Tinted taillights with clear inner and outer lenses
- Custom color-keyed grille
- Dual exhaust with high-polished mufflers and custom tips
- Graduated perforated leather with red piping and stitching
- Black technical knit headliner
- Custom door panels and instrument panel with black leather and red accent stitching
- JBL GreenEdgeTM surround sound system with 15 speakers
- Two trunk-mounted JBL 500W GTI D-class amplifiers