Lexus LF-LC is the Japanese car maker’s latest and one of the most highly anticipated concept cars. To promote it and also getting into the Christmas spirit, they came up with this idea to turn it into the Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser for Santa. Overkill? Well, Lamborghini is giving the big guy an Aventador, so probably not!
This fictional car has a couple of fictional features, which may sound silly, but all of them have a connection to the real-life features Lexus is using, or will use, in production cars. They include:
- An advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system with 800 reindeerpower which creates fewer emissions than even a single reindeer. It also features an EV mode to allow Santa to stealthily land on every rooftop
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert to make Santa aware of any objects around him (like chimneys) to ensure safe maneuvering
- Advanced Pre-Collision System to gauge if Santa is approaching an object too quickly in which case it will slow down and stop the Cruiser, helping prevent Grandma from getting run over
- Lexus Navigation System with e-Destination so Santa can send all the addresses for the nice children to his Cruiser in advance.
- Lexus Enform® with a Pandora® playlist that includes all Santa’s favorite tunes from “Grinch Live from Whoville,” “Frosty and the Snowmen” and the ever-popular band “Ebenezer and the Scrooges.”
- A large, red LED and infrared light with stereo cameras for the front of his sleigh so he can see on a foggy night without Rudolph.