We have something rather special here for the fans of American muscle here. Amid 1,458 horsepower, it’s a head to head fight between the stock Dodge Challenger Hellcat and the Hennessey Camaro SS HPE750. It’s like pitting the Marines against the Rangers!
The Hellcat here relies on its standard 707 horsepower to contain the fury of the 751 horsepower tuned V8 in the Hennessey Camaro SS. The Camaro also has lightness on its side, which frankly makes the fight a little unfair. But hey, the Hellcat is not the type to sit down and bitch about how unfair life is. It gets up and faces the challenge. So let’s see how it went down:
Hennessey Camaro SS HPE750 Specs:
• 605 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
• 542 lb-ft torque @ 4,200 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.75 sec.
• 1/4 mile: 11.8 sec. @ 121 mph
• Top speed: 182 mph (estimated)
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads ports- Competition valve job, extensive flow testing, chambers milled to desired cc.
• Lightweight hollow stem intake valves, exhaust valves.
• Extreme duty dual valve springs.
• Titanium retainers, machined locators & locks, GM valve seals.
• Chamber volumes measures & adjusted for compression.
• CNC work hand blended into valve job, spring pressures measured & adjusted for camshaft.
• HPE hydraulic roller camshaft upgrade.
• Hydraulic lifter upgrade.
• Extreme duty pushrod upgrade.
• 1.75-inch stainless steel long-tube headers.
• Stainless steel mid-pipe exhaust upgrade.
• High-flow catalytic converters.
• HPE engine management upgrade & chassis dyno calibration (6,700 rpm rev limiter).
• High-flow air filter element (replaces the factory air filter in the airbox).
• Professional installation
• All necessary gaskets & fluids.
• Chassis dyno testing. You’ll receive a before & after dyno graph report showing power and torque measured at the rear wheels.
• Road testing (up to 100 miles).
• Hennessey exterior badge (rear).
• HPE600 Powered by Hennessey badges (side & rear).
• Hennessey HPE600 serial numbered plaque signed by John Hennessey (interior).
• Hennessey HPE600 serial numbered plaque signed by the HPE technician who builds you car (engine bay).
• Powered by Hennessey premium floor mats.
• Serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity personally signed by John Hennessey.
• Free lifetime membership in the official Hennessey Vehicle Registry (HVR).
• 3 Year / 36,000 mile limited warranty. Contact a Hennessey Performance sales associate for more details.
• Shell V-Power Nitro+ 93 octane gasoline.
• Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic oil & filter change.