has launched freshened versions of its CX-7 crossover SUV in the Japanese market. The newly facelifted CX-7’s design has been enhanced and refined. The front fascia features a fresh five-point lower grille. Chrome garnish added throughout the interior increases the overall impression of dynamism and quality.
The facelifted CX-7 comes with new eco-friendly features which include a fuel consumption gauge and an “eco-lamp” that encourage economical driving. Newly added advanced safety equipment, such as Mazda’s Rear Vehicle Monitoring (RVM) system and Emergency Signal System (ESS), augments safety for the vehicle’s occupants.
Performance: Extensive improvements for refined driving performance
- The MZR 2.3L DISI Turbo engine that powers both model grades has been updated with revised combustion chamber shapes and fuel injection timing which enhance fuel economy without degrading responsiveness. Additionally, the turbo supercharging pressure is optimized to improve response and provide smoother acceleration.
- The six-speed automatic transmission (with Activematic manual mode) has a revised shift pattern and a more effective slip lock-up control. Increased engine combustion efficiency and reduced friction result in a two-percent improvement in fuel economy (FWD grades: 9.3 km/L, 4WD grades: 9.1 km/L).
- Reinforced door apertures and rear wheel housings increase torsional rigidity by five percent. As a result, the ride is more stable, comfortable and quieter.
- Retuned suspension springs and dampers provide a more linear ride.
- In addition to the increased body rigidity, added sound insulating materials on the chassis and around the engine bay, in tandem with measures to reduce wind noise, have resulted in an extremely quiet cabin.
- A new center panel made from matt black plastic with metallic trim on each side adds a heightened quality feel.
- Newly designed blackout meters. The stylish and high quality meter design has easy-to-read dials, white needles and blue ring illumination.
- The center steering wheel spoke and the air conditioner vent bezels and center knobs have chrome garnish for a premium impression.
- Soft-touch materials are used on the center floor console lid and door armrests.
- The base model CX-7 has sporty black fabric seat covers. The CX-7 Cruising Package offers luxurious black leather upholstery.
Equipment and functionality: comfort and quality
- Both model grades feature a multi-information display (MID). It provides information to support economical driving such as average and current fuel economy, average speed and potential driving range, as well as maintenance information including a reminder of when to change the engine oil. The display also shows images from the side and rear cameras, aiding safe and worry-free driving.
- All model grades feature an auto-light system (which automatically switches on the vehicle headlights according to ambient light conditions), rain-sensing wipers and Mazda’s advanced keyless entry and engine start system for added convenience.
- To ensure a comfortable driving position, all versions come with a telescoping steering wheel. The CX-7 Cruising Package also features a three-person memory function for the driver’s side seat and a passenger side power-adjustable seat.
- New convenient features include a multi-tray storage compartment inside the center floor console and drink holders for rear seat passengers.
- The previously standard navigation system is now offered as a dealer-installed option, giving customers greater freedom of choice. (The side and rear camera system which comes as standard is now integrated with the MID.)