Last year during SEMA show Ford unveiled the new generation of Ford F-150 Raptor prepared by SVT unit with a 320-hp 5.4-liter Triton V-8. For this year’s SEMA Ford is introducing the new version of the car equipped with all-new 6.2-liter premium V-8 developing 411 hp. This engine makes the Raptor the most powerful half-ton truck on the market today.
With 411 hp and 434 ft.-lb. of torque this new V8 engine is definitely the better option for the very handsome F-150 Raptor. It will be available to order from early 2010, with starting price of $41,995 including destination and delivery.
Also in 2010 Ford Racing will unveil a very special and limited edition of the Raptor called the FR Raptor XT. It is a desert-bashing hardcore off-roader but with all the comfort and convenience you’d find in a production Raptor. The XT will be limited to 50 units each for $99,950!
Key specifications of the FR Raptor XT include:
- 500-hp (est.) 6.2-liter naturally aspirated engine
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Electronically selectable 4×4; 4.56 gear sets; front and rear e-lockers
- A-arm with uni-ball front; four-link RR suspension
- 15-inch front/18-inch rear wheel travel
- Coil-over with bypass shocks front and rear
- Chromoly “4130” rollcage; extensive skid plating
- Full featured interior, including power windows/windshield and air conditioning
- Factory seating with five-point restraints
- Off-road beadlock wheel/tires
- Unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting