Well, not quite! It was supposed to be fully open to the public from October 28, but currently United Arab Emirates is mourning death of the ruler of Ras al-Khaimah, one of the high ranking royalties, therefore the opening ceremony is postponed. They only gave a preview to the international press, revealing some of the features of Ferrari’s first ever theme park, located in Bin Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo then gave a speech, which you can read after the jump.
“First of all I would like, on behalf of both myself and everyone at Ferrari, to express our sincere condolences to the government and the population of the United Arab Emirates for their tragic loss,” – said the Chairman of Ferrari, Luca di Montezemolo. “Then I would like to thank the nation and all those who made it possible to make this dream – a unique theme park dedicated to the world of Ferrari – a reality. Congratulations to everyone involved.”
“The park just 4 years ago was a project, an idea, maybe even a too ambitious idea, is now a fantastic reality. Everyone at Ferrari is grateful to the people who have worked without rest for the last two years to make it happen. Abu Dhabi is a great city that constantly looks to the future, and we are very proud of our partners who share with Ferrari the same passion, the same vision, the same will to go beyond.
This park combines innovative technology and tradition, it is dedicated not only to Ferrari fans and car enthusiastic, but to the whole family; there are attractions for kids, men and women. It has also the real touch of Ferrari: how things really are for us, with our exclusive GT road cars and racing cars, but also our history and our cultural background. Something else that was crucial for us was for the Park to be a symbol, built actively on the heritage that Italy represents for the world. We are pleased to see that all this has become reality, and that the excitement – like the roller coaster that makes you feel like a Formula One driver – goes hand-in-hand with messages that perfectly combine having a good time with the reality represented by the passion for Ferrari. We also like to think that this Ferrari Theme park can be a small contribution to reinforcing the bridge between our two cultures.
And finally I would like to express my personal thanks to His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, and to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi; for their guidance and support. Warm thanks are also due to Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and to Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, for their invaluable support.”
Ferrari Theme Park Rides and attractions:
• Formula Rossa – The world’s fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 240 kmph.
• Speed of Magic – A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before.
• Made in Maranello – A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the intricate process of making the world’s most sought after car.
• V12 – An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
• G-Force – A thrilling tower ride that will shoot thrill-seekers through the red roof and 62 meters in the air before plummeting back to Earth, experiencing the actual G-force of a Ferrari, in a seat directly inspired by the Ferrari Enzo.
• Scuderia Challenge – Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
• Viaggio in Italia – A virtual aerial voyage over Italy’s cities and their main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
• Fiorano GT Challenge – A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
• Bell’Italia – A miniature recreation of Italy’s most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.
• Paddock – A re-creation of the Ferrari motor home including garages, transporters & hospitality suites with interactive shows offering fans a taste of the true action behind the scenes on a Grand Prix race day.
• The Pit Wall – An interactive theatre that allows guests to test their judgment in realistic racing scenarios.
• Galleria Ferrari – The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside Maranello, showcasing the most exclusive range of classic and contemporary Ferrari’s from all over the world.
• Junior GT – A driving school for children with expert instruction where they will drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders on an equipped driving course.
• Junior Grand Prix – After the Junior GT driving experience, budding F1™ drivers can enjoy the race track in scaled down Ferrari F1™ racers.
• The Racing Legends – A ride through Ferrari’s greatest racing moments starting from the first races all the way to today’s F1 victories.
• Driving with Champions – An interactive 3-D show which follows the adventures of a young engineer who is taken on the ride of a lifetime with a racing champion on his first day working at the Ferrari factory
• Cinema Maranello – Ferrari World’s own theatre showing ‘Coppa di Sicilia’, a short film that tells one of the many inspiring stories from the life of the legendary Enzo Ferrari.
• Junior Training Camp – An interactive play area for children where they can engage with a waterless car wash, become custom ‘constructors’, climb up the grandstand, pilot remote cars, peddle their own miniature Ferrari and play with an F1™ car made of soft, guest-friendly foam.
• Carousel – Featuring never-before-seen Ferrari prototypes based on winning designs from a Ferrari competition.
• Dining and Shopping – A range of concept restaurants and cafes offering authentic Italian dining experiences, in addition to unique shopping locations.