At the 2010 Australian International Motor Show in Sydney, Subaru revealed a new Forester S-Edition which although called concept, is exactly what a follow up to the current XT should be! The car gets a turbocharged 2.5 liter 193 Kilowatt engine which is 24 kW more powerful than the XT, and also has 347 Newton metres of torque which is 27 more.
Other significant additions include:
– Paddleshift five-speed automatic gearbox
– Revised sports suspension
– Varariable Torque Distribution (VTD) All-Wheel Drive
– Exclusive styling accents
– STI 17-inch high lustre alloy wheels
– Alcantara seat trim with S-Edition logos
– Drilled alloy pedals
– Luminescent instruments with centre design unique to the model
– Subaru Forester S-Edition badging
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “We’re delighted and honoured that Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI) have chosen Sydney for the worldwide unveil of this Forester concept.
“It points towards an exciting development in our Forester range early next year.
“Forester is firmly established as Australia’s best selling compact sports utility vehicle, with the most recent addition to the range being the diesel variants that are proving a sales winner for our All-Wheel Drive brand.
“There’s no denying Forester’s appeal to Australians in both urban and rural environments, so we think this concept will only add to the huge interest,” added Mr Senior.